Solar Pump Sets
A solar PV water pumping system consists of a number of solar PV modules connected in series - parallel combination to generate sufficient power to operate a motor pump. The solar PV modules are mounted on a metal frame in a manner that the mounting frame can be turned / tilted to ensure that the modules keep facing the sun throughout the day. The system does not have any storage battery since power generated is used directly then and there. Thus, it can be used only in the day and not at night. The SPV array converts the solar energy into electricity which is used for running the motor pump set. The pumping system can draw water from the open well / bore well or stream / pond or canal.Salient Features of Solar PV Water Pumping System:
- Capable of running all types of electrical water pumps with applications varying from irrigation to household demands
- Each solar array has a number of solar modules connected in parallel or series.
- Every solar PV panel generates current by converting solar radiation to electrical energy.
- The electrical energy from the entire array is controlled, tuned and directed by the inbuilt controller in DC pumps or through the Variable Frequency Driver(VFD) and enables the connected pump to draw water.
Benefits of Solar PV Water Pumping System:
- Green electricity
- Cost effective as compared to conventional system
- The farmer is saved from the capital investment for drawing lines from the grid to his farm
- More reliable and consistent power option as compared to conventional system in rural areas
- No monthly fuel bills
- Requires little servicing and no refueling
- Low maintenance
- Can be easily transported and are easily expandable
- Energy efficient and decentralized system
- Avoids unnecessary expenditure
- Environment friendly